- 91782 - 107616 Yearly
- 35 hours per week
- Experience: 3 Years
principal provides leadership, management and supervisory skills that promote learning for each student. You will provide a clear vision, inspiration, energy and insight for all members of the SXFN community for a highly functioning Band Operated School. As the principal, you will bring an approach that is focused on the community, integrated, reflective, engaged, and full of discovery. You will be attentive to decision-making, change management process, accountability, conflict resolution, and team building which contributes to a well-organized School. Importantly, you will orchestrate a complex, dynamic and collaborative learning community each and every day where students and student learning are always the central focus.
- Provides leadership to improve performance and enhance the quality of the work environment in the School.
- Prepares financial statements, budgets, financial reports, special analysis and information reports.
- Teaches and manages educational programs and services.
- Plans implements and evaluates policies and programs based on evidence and relevance to students, parents, and staff.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships
- Effectively recruits and retains qualified staff.
For full job description please contact the HR department
- Bachelor of Education Degree
- Master’s Degree in Administration, Curriculum or related area, or currently enrolled in a program
- Must be in good standing with the BC Teacher Regulation Branch of the Ministry of Education
- Three to five years’ experience as a Senior Teacher or Principal.
- Experience integrating technology (smart-board, computers) into teaching strategies.
- Experience working in a Band Operated School is an asset.
- Experience with BC curricula K to 10.
- Experience with Special Needs students.
- The ability to speak an Indigenous language is an asset.
- Must a valid Class 5 Drivers Licence (Class 4 an asset)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid WCB Approved Level 1 First Aid Certificate
SXFN offers a competitive wage, benefits package, quality accommodation within the community, internet service, as well as opportunities for professional development