- 20.96 - 26.55 Hourly
- 26 hours per week
- Experience: 2 Years
The Teacher’s Assistant is responsible for assisting the Teacher in the classroom, providing support in conjunction with implementing an individual or group education program, as well as supporting the individual physical and emotional needs of the students. The Teacher’s Assistant assists small groups of students or individual students predominantly in the areas of Math, Reading, Writing, Computers and Physical Education. Teacher’s Assistant also work with students that have a range of abilities, including students with learning disabilities and behaviour management.
- Supports the teacher in all aspects of daily classroom activities
- Provides positive behaviour redirection if necessary
- Assists in the preparation of classroom materials and activities for students
- Presents subject matter to students under the direction/guidance of the teacher
- Tutors and assist students individually or in small groups
- Instructs and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials
- Organizes and supervises games and other recreational activities
- Maintains organization of school library
- Supervises students during breaks as required
- Promotes education and school involvement by participating in events, activities, etc.
- Recognizes achievements of students and assists in events celebrating successes
- Graduation from High School Grade 12 or equivalency plus courses related to special needs students
Complete benefit package (medical, dental, insurance, etc.)
Training and development
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Persons Check
Apply For This Job
The current job posting is not available in your area.