Youth Support Worker
- 15.65 - 19.74 Hourly
- 24 hours per week
The Youth Support Worker is responsible for providing youth centered cultural programs, services and activities aimed at supporting the wellbeing of youth and their families. The youth support worker uses strong relationship building and interpersonal skills and ensures that all activities are healthy and safe for all participants.
- Facilitates activities, programs and services for youth, including program delivery and evaluation.
- Leads youth focus groups directed towards developing leadership skills.
- Organizes activities which encourage youth and parents to take the initiative to learn and participate to carry positive behaviours forward with enthusiasm.
- Provides direct youth services, such as leading youth-oriented workshops/activities in order to support learning and physical activity in the community.
- Liaises with health, education, and social development teams to develop and coordinate priorities and activities relating to programs for youth.
- Provides referrals for counselling services and intervenes with youth in crisis to lend support and make appropriate referrals.
- Social Services Certificate or a combination of education and experience
- Must maintain strict confidentiality in performing duties and demonstrates personal attributes of integrity, respect, trust, honesty, compassion, and accountability.
Complete benefit package (medical, dental, insurance, etc.)
Training and development
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Criminal Records Check
- Must provide a vehicle in good operating condition and appropriate vehicle insurance to meet program requirements.
- Must reside in the geographic region (i.e., Williams Lake, 100 Mile House) to be able to work in the community of Dog Creek and Canoe Creek.
Apply For This Job
The current job posting is not available in your area.